CodeIgniter 4 requires PHP version 7.2 or higher. The earlier version requires a minimum PHP 5.3 version or higher.
As a result, you’ll need to downgrade your PHP version (only if you’re using the latest version) at the moment. Download Free eCommerce Website Project in PHP MySQL CodeIgniter with Source Code. So, this eCommerce site is a fully functional project for all the beginner as well as the intermediate levels that broads vast knowledge into such. CodeIgniter 3 is the legacy version of the framework, intended for use with PHP 5.6+. This version is in maintenance, receiving mostly just security updates, and the current version is 3.1.11. Download Sources Translations User Guide. All downloads are full versions with just a few features locked. Use your license key to unlock complete CKFinder functionality, with no need to download a separate package. Try it for a limited period of time and buy it when you are ready. We prepared easy licensing options for your development purposes. Manual Installation. Download CodeIgniter 4 zip file from here. Copy in the htdocs/ folder and extract it. Rename the folder (e.g. Navigate to htdocs/ using Command Prompt if you are on Windows and use the terminal if you are on Mac. Run the following command –.
There is now a public directory like in other frameworks. You can now separate the application from the resources (like CSS, JS, files.).
It is much more difficult for attackers.
Codeigniter Download For Windows 10
In this tutorial, I show how you can install the Codeigniter 4 project on Windows and Mac.
1. Enable extensions
php.inifile to enable
- Search extension in the file.
- Remove semicolon (;) if exists to enable the extension.
- Restart the server.
2. Manual Installation
- Download CodeIgniter 4 zip file from here.
- Copy in the
htdocs/folder and extract it.
- Rename the folder (e.g. codeigniter4).
3. Using composer
- Navigate to
htdocs/using Command Prompt if you are on Windows and use the terminal if you are on Mac.
- Run the following command –
- Replace project-root with your project name like – codeigniter4.
- If you are getting the following message on the Command prompt while running –
- It means
intlextension is not been enabled.
- To enable the extension follow the step 1.
- Re-run the
composer create-project codeigniter4/appstarter project-root.
- A new codeigniter4 folder will be created.
- Run the project
- On Mac in case, you are not viewing the above page instead following page display –
- Then need to change the permission of the
- Navigate to the project directory using the terminal and execute the following command and refresh the page.
Local Development Server
- You can also run the project by starting a local development server.
- Run the following command in the Command Prompt if you are on Windows or on the terminal if you are on Mac.
Latest Version Firefox
- Development URL display after starting.
- Run – http://localhost:8080/ in the browser.
You can either install it using a composer or manually. Before installing make sure that the PHP version is 7.2 or higher.