Article Summary: This article provides information on using the System Update Readiness Tool to repair Windows Update-related issues in Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Windows Update Readiness Tool Download
- System Update Readiness Tool Windows 10 64 Bit Download 2015
- Windows 10 64-bit Iso
- Download Kb947821 For Win 7
Having run into this problem lately and browsing numerous posts after post of long, complicated registry edits, file downloads, and other ridiculous failed attempts, we were reminded about the Microsoft System Update Readiness Tool. System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista for x64-based systems (KB947821) October 2014 This tool is being offered because an inconsistency was found in the Windows servicing store which may prevent the successful installation of future updates, service packs, and software. The System Update Readiness Tool can help fix problems that might prevent Windows updates and service packs from installing. For more information and how to download the tool, see What is the System Update Readiness Tool. About this update. This update improves the deployment and serviceability of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows.
Windows Update Readiness Tool Download
The System Update Readiness Tool (CheckSUR) is a downloadable utility from Microsoft that can be used to fix a variety of problems related to Windows updates. It does so by scanning files and registry keys associated with updates and replacing corrupt ones with good versions. The complete list of Windows Update error codes addressed by CheckSUR is shown in Microsoft Knowledgebase article KB947821, which also contains download links for all versions of CheckSUR.
To use CheckSUR, simply download the applicable version from KB947821 and run it on the affected system. It will appear to install like any other update:
During this 'installation' process, CheckSUR is actually checking files and registry settings for installed updates. This process may take 15 minutes or more to complete, and interrupting it is not recommended. When it completes, the results are not displayed on the screen but can be found in %windir%LogsCBSCheckSUR.log. The Summary section will indicate how many errors were found. If it indicates that all errors were fixed, the issue is likely resolved, and you may attempt to install Windows updates again.
Often, CheckSUR will not be able to automatically fix all of the errors it finds. This is usually due to the necessary repair files not being present. When this occurs, the needed files must be obtained from another source, such as an update package from Microsoft or a working machine running the same version of Windows as the affected machine:
- The names of missing files will often include the name of the update package that contains them. For example, the file named Package_for_KB958690_sc_0~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~22.214.171.124.mum is included in update KB958690, which can be downloaded from Microsoft.
- If the filename of a missing file does not indicate which update package contains it, you may still be able to locate it by searching the Web for the filename, since file manifests for hotfixes are often listed in the corresponding Microsoft Knowledgebase articles.
- If a Web search for the filename is unsuccessful, the file can be copied from a working machine that is running the same edition of Windows as the affected machine. The two machines must have the same system architecture (32- or 64-bit).
Regardless of the source, the files should be copied to a particular directory on the affected machine, depending on the type of file being copied:
- Files with .msu, .mum, and .cat extensions should be copied to %windir%TempCheckSURPackages. It may be necessary to create the Packages directory first.
- Files with the .manifest extension should be copied to %windir%TempCheckSURmanifests directory.
After copying the files to the appropriate directory, run CheckSUR again. The presence of the repair files should allow it to fix the errors it encounters.
For more information on using CheckSUR, see How to Fix Errors Found in the CheckSUR.log, which gives further instructions to follow in the event of missing payload files.
Reboot and logon as administrative user.
System Update Readiness Tool Windows 10 64 Bit Download 2015
Download, install and run...
System Update Readiness Tool for x64-based Systems
Reboot and logon as administrative user.
Windows 10 64-bit Iso
Try to get updates.
Come back and let us know.
BTW - the error...
2145091575 WU E DS MISSINGREF
The data store is in an invalid state because data that should be present is
missing. This will occur if we try to fetch a linked row from another table
and the linked row does not exist. This can happen with EULAs, files,
and/or localized properties referenced by an update.
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way