Things got very confusing today, as Microsoft suddenly - without warning or explanation - appeared to pull the Windows 10 'November update' that it released just over a week ago.
As a result, the Media Creation Tool, which had allowed users to download ISOs of the update (known also as Version 1511/Build 10586), suddenly stopped offering the new version, instead reverting to installations of build 10240 - the original public release of Windows 10, which came out back in July. The company also updated its notes for the Tool, stating that 'these downloads cannot be used to update Windows 10 PCs to the November update (Version 1511)'.
If you have enabled that option, you won't receive feature updates like the version 1511, 10586 upgrade for Windows 10 right away. This prevents the update from being found via Windows Update. That's usually a good thing as you may want to test the update before you deploy it on productive machines. Windows 10 Update November 2015 / Version 1511 - Systems List. Systems listed below have been tested for upgrade from initial Windows 10 launch (build 10240) to Windows 10 November Update Version 1511 (build 10586). If your device is not listed in the table below, your system was not tested by Lenovo and updated drivers may not be available. Windows 10 November Update is the first major update released for Windows 10 operating system after the release of final RTM version.November Update is also known by several other names such as Threshold 2, R2, Fall Update, Fall Refresh, Version 1511, Windows 10.1 and Windows 10 Service Pack 1 (SP1). Windows 10 November Update version 1511, known as code name Threshold 2, was released on November 12, 2015 to the public. It included several improvements, such as Cortana with ink writing support, Improved Microsoft Edge, Windows Hello - new biometric authentication system which supports fingerprint and facial recognition, Device Guard and Credential Guard security features, and much more.
Bizarrely, despite Microsoft previously recommending the Tool to users who wished to install version 1511, it now says that that will no longer be an option.
Only after ZDNet's Ed Bott approached the company to ask for some sort of explanation did it offer the following statement:
The November update was originally available via the MCT tool, but we've decided that future installs should be through Windows Update. People can still download Windows 10 using the MCT tool if they wish. The November update will be delivered via Windows Update.
As Ed points out, that explanation seems a little unusual, given the sudden nature of the update's removal from the Tool, and the fact that Microsoft made no announcement about its decision, despite previously encouraging users to install 1511 using the Tool.
Windows 10 November update: FAQ page https://t.co/ZQzl328zUy used to have a upgrade to 1511 link, not anymore pic.twitter.com/ciAnvlOTwQ— TeroAlhonen (@teroalhonen) November 21, 2015
As Tero Alhonen first spotted, the company has also updated its release notes, stripping out a paragraph that had previously stated that you 'if you uninstalled the November update for your PC, you won't be able to install it again from Windows Update. Instead, you'll need to go to the Microsoft software download website, and select Upgrade now to upgrade your PC to Windows 10 Version 1511, which includes the November update.'
Whatever the explanation, those wishing to perform a clean install of the new OS will now have to install 10240 ISOs using the Tool, and then update to 10586 via Windows Update.
Source: Ed Bott / ZDNet
Update: Despite Microsoft's statement that users should now install the November update/Version 1511 via Windows Update, some readers have contacted us to point out that they're currently unable to do so.
Update 2: Reports that Microsoft had pulled the update from Windows Update too proved to be wide of the mark. In a statement to WinBeta, the company said categorically that it has 'not pulled' the update (including that rather forceful underline).
Microsoft released four builds of Windows 10 cumulative updates -1809(17763.316)/1803 (17134.590)/1709 (16299.967)/1703 (15063.1631)/1607 (14393.2791)/1507(10240.18132)on February 13th, 2019. These updates are now available for all Windows users to free download and install on their PC now. If you are looking for access to download the latest update of Windows 10 1809/1803/1709/1703/1607/1507, here below you'll find direct download links for new Windows 10 cumulative updates.
Update 2: Download links to Windows 10 Build 10586 tools are still available, as listed in step 1. Update 1: Microsoft has removed Windows 10 November Update (Version 1511 Build 10586) MCT, ADK, SDK, WDK, HLK, Mobile Emulator and ISO from TechBench. Windows 10 1511 ISO Download. On Oct 12, 2017 at 06:44 UTC 1st Post. Next: uninstall or disable Flash player in a silent mode. Download Windows 10 Pro 1511 (x64) ISO Image With Free Pre-Activated. Microsoft Office 2019 Pro Plus 1908 Build 0 Full Crack.
If you fail to install new updates of KB4487044/KB4487017/KB4486996/KB4487020/KB4487026/KB4487018 in your PC, relax and we have found effective methods for you to fix this issue without losing any data.
Backup system and data before downloading new Windows 10 updates
In order to avoid data loss issue or any system error while installing Windows 10 1809(17763.316)/1803 (17134.590)/1709 (16299.967)/1703 (15063.1631)/1607 (14393.2791)/1507(10240.18132) on your PC, it's highly necessary to create a system image and data backups in advance.
Professional Windows backup recovery software - EaseUS Todo Backup is a highly recommended system backup software for you to free backup Windows 10 with simple clicks.
1. Free download and install EaseUS Todo Backup in PC. Connect an external storage device to the computer.
2. Launch EaseUS Todo Backup and click 'File Backup' 'Disk/partition Backup' or 'System Backup'.
3. Choose data and specify the external hard drive as the backup destination, click Proceed to start backup data.
After backing up the Windows system and important personal data, you can now directly download and install Windows 10 with KB4487044/KB4487017/KB4486996/KB4487020/KB4487026/KB4487018 on your PC now. No data loss error will occur.
Free download and install the latest Windows 10 1809/1803/1709/1703/1607/1507 ISO
So how to get direct access to download and install the latest Windows 10 update 17763.316/17134.590/16299.967/15063.1631/14393.2791/10240.18132?
You can either choose to go to Microsoft and get Windows 10 or you can select any updates provided here in the below that you want to free download and install on your PC now:
Get Windows 10 1809 (17763.316):
Download Windows 10 17763.316 (KB4487044) x64
Download Windows 10 17763.316 (KB4487044) x86
Get Windows 10 1803 (17134.590):
Get Windows 10 1709 (16299.967)：
Get Windows 10 1703 (15063.1631):
Get Windows 10 1607 (14393.2791):
Get Windows 10 1507 (10240.18132):
Now you can directly install the latest Windows 10 updates on your PC and enjoy new features without any obstacles.
Can't complete Windows 10 update installing process? Relax, we have solutions for you.
Fix Windows 10 17763.316/17134.590/16299.967/15063.1631/14393.2791/10240.18132 failed to install error
If you are having Windows 10 update stuck error with latest OS builds or you failed to install Windows 10 1809/1803/1709/1703/1607/1507, just relax and you may follow below-offered methods to fix these problems with ease.
Method 1. Troubleshoot Windows 10 failed to install error
You can follow the below steps to directly run Troubleshoot to fix Windows update KB4487044/KB4487017/KB4486996/KB4487020/KB4487026/KB4487018 fail to install error:
- Type: troubleshooting in the search > Go to System and Security > Tap Fix problems with Windows Update.
- Tick Advanced > Enable and check Apply repairs automatically.
- Tap: Run as administrator (you may have to enter your passcode first) > Then click Next to finish the process.
Method 2. Reset Windows Components if Windows 10 17763.316/17134.590/16299.967/15063.1631/14393.2791/10240.18132 update failed
1. Press Windows + X and choose Command Prompt (Admin).
2. Stop BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services.
Then type the below commands at the Command Prompt and hit Enter after you type each command:
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
3. Rename the SoftwareDistribution and Cartoot2 folder. Then type the following command in the Command Prompt and press Enter after each type:
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
4. Type Exit at the Command Prompt and restart PC.
After this, you may retry to install Windows 10 new updates in your PC with new features.
Method 3. Fix file system error and clean install Windows 10 update with KB4487044/KB4487017/KB4486996/KB4487020/KB4487026/KB4487018
File System error check will find and fix all system errors and Windows update problems for you.
- Press Windows + X and click on Command Prompt (Admin).
- Type: cd and hit Enter.
- Type: sfc /scannow and hit Enter.
- Wait patiently to let the check file system process complete, then Windows 10 updates fail to install issue will be repaired.
Windows 10 1511 Won't Update
After this, you can then click the above-offered Windows 10 update links to clean install them on your PC.
Microsoft has released Windows 10 in 12 different versions. It’s a blend of Windows 7 and 8. The tiled menu of Windows 8 and the Start menu of Windows 7 make a great combination. The main features are identical in all versions of Windows. However, Microsoft has designed every version for a particular group of people. Here, I am going to discuss the most wanted edition of Windows 10 i.e. Windows 10 Professional.
Download Windows 10 Pro
Windows 10 Pro 32-bit
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Before moving to the download guide, let’s see its download requirements.
- 1GHz processor or above
- 1GB RAM for 32-bit, 2GB RAM for 64-bit
- 16GB Hard disk space for 32-bit, 20GB Hard disk space for 64-bit
- A valid product key
I have parted the process of installation into two parts. In the first part, you will download the “USB/DVD Download Tool” from Microsoft’s official site. It’s used to create a bootable USB/DVD. Then, you will install Windows 10 Pro.
Methods to Create Windows 10 Bootable USB Drive [Installation Guide]
First, you should create a Windows 10 Pro bootable USB Drive. I am going to list various methods for this purpose. You can select any of them.
Method 1: Windows 10 Create Bootable USB
Follow the steps below to download and install Windows 10 Enterprise in your system.
- Connect a USB drive that contains a minimum of 8GB space with PC.
- Go to the end of the section and hit the “Download” button to start the downloading of Windows 10 Enterprise.
- Download the “Windows 10 Installation media” from Microsoft’s official site.
- Once, it is downloaded, double-click to launch it and select “Accept” from the options appear.
- Now, click the option “Create Installation Media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) for another PC” to move ahead.
- Select the “Next” option from there.
- Select the language, edition of Windows, Architecture and click “Next” from here.
- It shows you a USB flash drive option. Select this option. (Some users complain that they cannot see this option. If it is so, just refresh the page)
- Now, click the removable drive from the list appears here and click the “Next” option.
- Now attach the USB with the PC where you want to install Windows 10 Pro and restart the system.
Method 2: Create Bootable Windows 10 Disk Via Third-Party Tool
If you want to use an easy method, use a third-party tool known as “Rufus” for this purpose.
- Click here to download Rufus.
- Once it’s downloaded, click “Rufus.exe” to install it.
- Now double-click the tool to launch.
- Connect a USB flash drive to your PC.
- Open the tool and select “Create a Bootable USB Drive” from here.
- Now select “ISO image” and click “Next.”
- Select “Start” from the next screen and click “Windows 10 ISO” you want to install in your system.
- Rufus starts creating a bootable USB flash drive.
- Once, it’s done, plug in USB again and restart your system to install Windows 10 from USB.
Method 3: Create a Bootable USB via Command Prompt
Follow the steps below to create USB via Command Prompt.
- Click Here to download the “USB/DVD Download Tool.”
- Once you click, the downloading will start automatically.
- When downloading is over, click the “Download” option to start downloading the ISO image of Windows 10 Pro.
- Once it is also over, open “Command Prompt (Administrator)”
- Type “CHDIR” and press “Enter.”
- Now, type “bootsect/nt60E:” and press “Enter.”
- Copy ISO file from computer to the USB/DVD by typing the command “XCOPY I:*.*F:/E/F/H”
Installation of Windows 10 Pro
- Connect the USB drive with PC.
- Reboot PC and select “Boot from USB” option.
- It shows you that the system is loading files.
- Select “Language, Time Zone, and other settings” from the next page.
- Click “I Agree the License Terms” to proceed.
- Here, you see two installation options; Custom and Upgrade. If you want to install a fresh copy of Windows, select Custom otherwise go for “Upgrade.” If you select the “Custom” option, all your current files will be removed.
- Now select a location to save Windows 10 Pro. Here, you see an option to remove the “Old version of Windows.” Click “Delete” if you don’t want to use it otherwise; skip and go ahead.
- The system starts loading files. The installation process appears in percentage. Wait for a while until it gets up to 100%.
- Once, it’s over, you see an option to choose a name for your computer. Select a name if you desire so.
- Add a network or skip this option for now.
Your Windows 10 Pro is ready for use.
Windows 10 Pro Features
Let’s see what striking features it brings for us.
Windows 10 Pro has a non-tiled secret Start menu. It has a visible tiled Start menu too. You can right-click to the Start button to view the secret “Start” menu. It has all important options in textual form.
Microsoft BitLocker and EFS make your data securer. BitLocker encrypts hard disk drive, USB drive, and other storage devices.
Your favorite assistant Cortana is now more powerful in Windows 10 Pro. The search function has been categorized in documents, images, videos and other sections for quick fetching.
This edition of Windows has the Battery Saver feature. Activating Battery Saver gives you a long-lasting battery while you are working.
Remote Desktop is now more active to give you access to your system from remote places. It allows you to access your desired computer within no time.
Hyper-V is an integral part of Windows 10 Pro. Now, you can run the various OS on a virtual machine like Linux, Windows XP, and others without affecting the main system.
Update Windows 10 From 1511
Fast Startup, sleep, quick shutdown and search make it a worthy Operating System to use. It does not take a long time in operations.
Windows 10 Pro(1511) Iso Download. - Microsoft Community
Task View allows you to view tasks comparatively. While working on various web pages, you can view them in Task View for easy switching from one to another.
Microsoft Edge is even faster to fetch accurate browsing results. It has the fluent design and reading mode and online sharing feature.
When I start the installation, a message appears “Windows Installation has failed.” How to fix it?
Make sure that you have sufficient storage space and unplug all peripheral devices.
I meet the download requirements. The Windows installation process starts but halts midway. Please help.
It may be due to a third-party antivirus program. Uninstall if you have any antivirus program. Sometimes, it’s because of the language pack. If you have any, uninstall it too.
What screen resolution is required for Windows 10 Pro?
It requires 800 x 600 pixels resolution.
Can a corrupt BCD affect Windows installation process?
Yes, it affects for sure and needs to be rebuilt. If you frequently install different operating systems, your Boot Configuration Data may remain incomplete. As a result, you won’t be able to boot your system.
I start Windows 10 Pro installation. When it reaches to 80%, it stops. Why?
Windows 10 Professional 1511 Iso Download
Before installing Windows 10 Pro, run the “Windows Update” service to update your current Windows. Install all updates and restart PC. Now, try to install Windows 10 Pro again.